Caltex mobile training with airtime incentive
Training of Caltex forecourt attendants
Chevron needed a more cost effective alternative to the traditional off-site staff training for their forecourt attendants. Training needed to yield high participation levels and allow for the assessment of knowledge.
Mobilitrix suggested a mobile phone training and assessment solution combined with a mobile reward to increase participation rates.
- Caltex forecourt attendants registered via USSD for the mobile training (advertised on posters in a staff kiosk).
- Product info and tips were sent via SMS to the registered attendants weekly.
- This was followed up by a call-to-action to complete a short test via USSD.
- Attendants answering the test correctly on the first attempt were immediately rewarded with a mobile airtime voucher worth R5.
- 85% of registered forecourt attendants consistently participated in the mobile training project.
- Training costs amounted to less than 1% of the traditional training cost per person.