Test launch using a mobile survey and retail vouchers & coupons
To assess the potential of the Go110 mobile phone app.
Go110 is an interactive business directory, available via a mobile phone app, where consumers can find contact details, maps, navigation and specials from companies, products and events in real time. As part of their launch, Go110 executed a test launch over 10 days in July 2011 to introduce the app to consumers at the Canal Walk shopping centre in Cape Town.
- The special offers were accessed by clicking on a banner at the top of each Go110 screen page.
- To qualify for the offers from the four participating retailers, participants were requested to first complete a mobile survey.
- Upon successful completion of the survey, a mobile voucher was sent via SMS to their phone.
- The vouchers and coupons were redeemable at point of sale during the launch.
- The average redemption rate was 16% across all four retailers, with the highest being Kauai at 32%.
- 47% of users opted in to receive further promotional offers.